Commanding huge real estate on site, the cascade is a HTML5 970 x 250 rich media ad unit that sits between the nav bar and content. The cascade is an expanding ad unit and gives advertisers the flexibility to choose their content with up to 5 expanded panels available to showcase their brand or product.
As users engage with the unit, on click, they can choose to ‘cascade’ downwards to reveal additional panels, scrolling or rotating through the expanded space.
Each panel can have a different purpose, for instance videos, product carousel or social media content.
||Business Insider (tablet excluded), Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, POPSUGAR, WhoWhatWear, Byrdie, MyDomaine
|IO Placement Name
|Accepted 3rd Parties
||Tags and trackings must be HTTPS (able to serve via SSLfor the correct template)
||970 x 250
|Accepted Backup Image Formats
||JPG, PNG, GIF
|Max File Size for Backup Image
|Accepted Rich Media Formats
|Max Polite Load / Panel
|Max User Initiated Load / Expansion
|Accepted Video Formats
||MP4, OGG, WebM
|Max Video Size
||Max 30 seconds
|Delivery Lead Time
||Image: 3 Days, Rich Media: 5 days
||Rich Media managed by client only
Creative Behaviour Rules:
- There is a maximum of 8 seconds animation time on the Cascade base panel.
- CTA must be visible to encourage users to reveal more panels.
- The 'Close Ad' button must be visible on the base panel on top right corner at all times.
- All panels must expand down only.
- Important: 3rd Party Ad Served by Sizmek only. All creative to be provided in a servable tag format.
- Please see Sizmek's demo and build guide here (please note that our dimension is 970x250px)
- Please contact Sizmek for further assistance
- Allure Media does not allow advertising for adult content, tobacco products, or gambling.
- Ads may not contain adware/spyware, active X, entrance or exit pops, or viruses.
- Ads may not include vulgarity, hate dismemberment, sexually explicit content, or illegal behaviours and activities.
- Ads may not have messaging that is designed to mislead users into going to a site that is unrelated to the content of the ad.
- Ads may not resemble system dialogue boxes or error messages.
- Ads may not have strobing animation.
- All ads must be set to open in a new browser window.
- Allure Media reserves the right to reject or discontinue advertising for a product or service, for any reason.
- Allure Media reserves the right to make changes or exceptions to the guidelines at any time.
- Allure Media is a member of the IAB and adheres to IAB standard and guidelines.