Commanding huge real estate on site, the 970 x 250 rich media ad unit sits between the nav bar and content. This unit grabs commands attention and can include engaging content such as video.
||Business Insider (tablet excluded), Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, POPSUGAR
|IO Placement Name
|Accepted 3rd Parties
||Sizmek, DoubleClick and Bonzai only (Please contact your preferred vendor for the correct template)
||970 x 250
|Accepted Image Formats
|Accepted Rich Media Formats
||HTML5, .SWF (Flash) see Flash notes below
|Max Image File Size
|Max Rich Media File Size
||See detailed HTML5 Rich Media specs here
||1MB polite load; 2.2MB max user-initiated load; unlimited size for video streaming
||Max 30 seconds
|Delivery Lead Time
||Image: 3 Days, Rich Media: 5 days
||Rich Media managed by client only
Creative Behaviour Rules:
- The billboard loads as a 970 x 250 panel when the page loads.
- Autoplay video is allowed.
- User-initiated audio by click only.
- Play, stop, pause and mute button required in video.
- Looping is not permitted.
- Flash ad creative may be used in the majority of desktop based ad spaces on the Fairfax network. The majority of desktop based web ad placements accept flash creative, however every flash ad must be accompanied by a backup image ad to serve to users without the required plug-in.
- Allure Media does not allow advertising for adult content, tobacco products, or gambling.
- Ads may not contain adware/spyware, active X, entrance or exit pops, or viruses.
- Ads may not include vulgarity, hate dismemberment, sexually explicit content, or illegal behaviours and activities.
- Ads may not have messaging that is designed to mislead users into going to a site that is unrelated to the content of the ad.
- Ads may not resemble system dialogue boxes or error messages.
- Ads may not have strobing animation.
- All ads must be set to open in a new browser window.
- Allure Media reserves the right to reject or discontinue advertising for a product or service, for any reason.
- Allure Media reserves the right to make changes or exceptions to the guidelines at any time.
- Allure Media is a member of the IAB and adheres to IAB standard and guidelines.