For maximum impact, the 970 x 250 ad unit sits between nav bar and content. Upon interaction expands to a huge size, overlaying site content.
||Business Insider (tablet excluded), Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, POPSUGAR
|IO Placement Name
||970 x 250
|Accepted 3rd Parties
||Sizmek and DoubleClick only (Please contact your preferred vendor for the correct template)
||Tags and trackings must be HTTPS (able to serve via SSLfor the correct template)
||970 x 250
||970 x 500px
|Accepted Image Formats (Leave Behind Only)
|Accepted Rich Media Formats
||HTML5, .SWF (Flash) see Flash notes below
|Max Image File Size (Leave Behind Only)
|Max Rich Media File Size
||See detailed HTML5 Rich Media specs here
||1MB polite load; 2.2MB max user-initiated load; unlimited size for video streaming
||Max 30 seconds
|Delivery Lead Time
||5 working days
||Rich Media managed by client only
Creative Behaviour Rules:
- The billboard loads as a 970 x 250 panel.
- Once a user clicks/rolls over on a CTA on the 970 x 250, the expanded panel (maximum 970 x 500) will expand, overlaying site content.
- The expanded panel can expand on roll over or click, however it must retract by the same method.
- A close button must be visible on the top right corner on the expandable 970 x 500 panel at all times.
- Autoplay video is allowed.
- User-initiated audio by click only.
- Play, stop, pause and mute button required in video.
- Looping is not permitted.
- Flash ad creative may be used in the majority of desktop based ad spaces on the Fairfax network. The majority of desktop based web ad placements accept flash creative, however every flash ad must be accompanied by a backup image ad to serve to users without the required plug-in.
- Allure Media does not allow advertising for adult content, tobacco products, or gambling.
- Ads may not contain adware/spyware, active X, entrance or exit pops, or viruses.
- Ads may not include vulgarity, hate dismemberment, sexually explicit content, or illegal behaviours and activities.
- Ads may not have messaging that is designed to mislead users into going to a site that is unrelated to the content of the ad.
- Ads may not resemble system dialogue boxes or error messages.
- Ads may not have strobing animation.
- All ads must be set to open in a new browser window.
- Allure Media reserves the right to reject or discontinue advertising for a product or service, for any reason.
- Allure Media reserves the right to make changes or exceptions to the guidelines at any time.
- Allure Media is a member of the IAB and adheres to IAB standard and guidelines.